PLEASE NOTE: Opening Night Gala begins at 6:00 p.m.
One of Shakespeare's most popular and iconic tales, the classic story of star-crossed romance between young lovers still has the power to thrill and move audiences anywhere. Romeo and Juliet explodes the notions of the proper behavior of youth, with a story that could be ripped from today's headlines. As tensions between their families escalate, Romeo and Juliet's secret romance ignites a chain reaction of increasingly dangerous street violence, with the growing unrest threatening to topple an entire city.
The NDSF Professional Company returns to Romeo and Juliet for the first time in eighteen years with a new staging by Chicago-based director Chris Anthony.
- Jess Alexander: Mercutio/Abram/Officer
- Louis Arata: Montague/Capulet Cousin
- Marlon Burnley: Benvolio
- MaConnia Chesser*: Nurse
- David Chudzynski: Prince/Apothecary
- James Cullinane: Paris/Security Guard
- Zac Harness: Tybalt/Friar John
- Josie Mi: Juliet/Gardener
- Matt Monaco*: Lord Capulet
- Tiana Mudzimurema: Gregory
- Gabe Ozaki: Peter
- Krosby João Roza: Romeo
- Chauncy Thomas*: Friar Lawrence
- Rachel Thomas: Balthazar/Rosaline
- Carolina Vargas*: Lady Capulet
* This artist appears through the courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.
- Chris Anthony: Director
- Andrea Allmond: Sound Designer
- María Amenábar Farias: Assistant Director
- Matt Anderson: Assistant Sound Designer
- Delna Balsara: Assistant Costume Designer/Dresser
- Gloria Bontrager-Thomas: Assistant Stage Manager
- Natalie Bowman: Cutter/Draper & Interim Costume Shop Manager
- Cate Cappelmann: Assistant Stage Manager
- Simean Carpenter: Lighting Designer
- Emily Chidalek: Costume Shop Artisan
- Aimee Cole: Cutter/Draper/Crafts
- Ken Cole: Technical Director
- Mark Doerries: Music Director
- Sally Dolembo: Costume Designer
- Steve Emerson: Stage Manager
- Tommy Favorite: Assistant Production Manager
- Tobias Garcia: Assistant Properties Master
- Matt Hawkins: Fight Choreographer
- Lynn Holbrook: Costume Shop Manager
- Don Hunter: Carpenter
- Zac Hunter: Production Manager
- Ivy Jones: Master Electrician/Light Board Operator
- Leah Jordan: Properties Master
- Isaac King: Assistant Scenic/Carpenter/Run Crew
- Brendan Leech: Master Electrician/Sound Board Operator
- Deborah Mayers: Stitcher/Head Dresser
- Allison Pajor: Text Coach
- Mimi Panzica: Assistant Stage Manager
- Sarah Scanlon: Intimacy Director
- Marcus Stephens: Scenic Designer
- Jeff Szymanowski: Assistant Technical Director/Scenic Artist
- Naya Tadavarthy: Costume Shop Artisan/Dresser
- Elizabeth Terrel: Voice Instructor
- Kathleen Werner: Stitcher
- Tuesday, August 16, 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Wednesday, August 17, 7:30 p.m. (Preview)
- Thursday, August 18, 6:00 p.m. (Gala), 7:30pm (Opening Night Performance)
- Friday, August 19, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 20, 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 21, 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 23, 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 24, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 25, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 26, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 27, 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 28, 2:00 p.m.
Originally published at shakespeare.nd.edu.