The Hesburgh Libraries at Notre Dame have one of the richest and most extensive Irish Studies collections in America. Irish Studies Librarian, Aedín Ní Bhróithe Clements, will offer three sessions focused on Irish Studies resources.
These sessions are open to undergraduate students (particularly those engaged in a capstone or thesis), graduate students, faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars, and visiting scholars. Participants can attend one, two, or all three sessions.
This session discusses various sources at Hesburgh Libraries and online for research on Northern Ireland. Registration is required for this session.
- Using the CAIN Archive (Conflict and Politics in Northern Ireland)
- Filmed documentaries and news footage — What is the Peter Heathwood Collection and how can we use it for research and teaching?
- Linen Hall Collection (using the microfiche)
- Northern Ireland pamphlets, posters, and the Wells Collection in Hesburgh Libraries
- Northern Ireland Fiction Collection
- Other Northern Ireland collections online
Registration is required. Please bring your laptop to this session.
After Session 2, please join us for a complimentary lunch, where registrants can become better acquainted with each other and learn more about the collection.